PowerSchool is now portable! The PowerSchool for Parents app is available for download from the App Store and compatible with the iPhone®, iPad® or iPod touch®*. Parents can easily view each child's progress in a single feed to check grades, review assignments, and more!
The administration and staff at District Office are excited to announce that we have transitioned from Classroll.com to PowerSchool and are at the point where we can provide you and your student with access to your student's current grades and attendance via the internet.
To create your parent login account, you will need to complete the following steps:
1. Open the internet browser on your computer.
2. Type: https://powerschool.rsd17.org into the address bar.
3. Click the Create Account button.
The screen is divided into two sections: Create Parent Account and Link Students to Account. You will first create your account.
4. Click the First Name field and enter your first name.
5. Click the Last Name field and enter your last name.
6. Click the Email field and enter your email address. (Note: The email address must be unique and cannot be associated with another user account.)
7. Click the Password field and enter a password that meets the password requirements listed. Note: The system will indicate whether the password is weak or strong.
8. Click the Re-enter Password field and re-type your password.
Next you will list your child(ren)’s information in the Link Students to Account section.
9. Click the Student Name field.
10. Enter your child’s first and last name: Student NAME
11. Enter the Access ID: will be provided from district
12. Enter the Password: will be provided from district
13. Click the Relationship drop-down to display the list. Select the appropriate Relationship.
Note: You can add additional children following steps 9 – 13.
14. Click the Enter button to create the account.
You will see a message indicating that the account was created.
To login, enter your newly created username and password in the appropriate fields and click the Sign In button.
Either you or your child may track academic progress from any location that has internet access. The Grades and Attendance tab will allow you to check assignments and scores by clicking on the blue percentage across from a class. To email the teacher a question or concern, please click the blue teacher's name link. The Grades History tab will show you the grades your child received in previous grading periods. Your child may also login and view his grade and attendance information using the following login information.
Username: will be provided from district
Password: will be provided from district
If you have any questions regarding the use of PowerSchool or issues with your account please contact the school’s office or the technology support department at firstname.lastname@example.org.