Planaria Care Instructions
1) When you take them home, transfer them to a larger container with a larger surface area and remove the cover. Use bottled water or well water. Chlorinated water will kill them.
2) They will take a week or so to regenerate so there is nothing to do till then.
3) Once they have grown full size you can feed them & change the water.
4) Food options: fish flakes, cooked chicken liver or Hamburg, hardboiled egg yolk. Be sure to crumble the food up into tiny pieces before adding it.
5) An hour or two after feeding them you will have to remove all the water and replace it with fresh water. When the worms stick to the side of your container you can safely pour the water out. It might take one or two rinsing’s to get all the food particles out. Food left in the container will grow bacteria which will kill the worms eventually.
6) Please return the tubes I gave you to class.