Quick Health information for Students and Staff
- Stay home if you are not feeling well
- Return to work/school when you are fever free for 24 hours and symptoms have improved
- Follow up with your MD for consultation regarding treatment
- If you test positive for COVID, follow up with your MD for guidance which may be to follow the CDC recommendations or not.
The nurses in Regional School District #17 are committed to helping the children in our schools stay healthy so they can be in class and learning.
OUR SCHOOL NURSES:
- Identify health concerns by observation and assessment and provide appropriate care for injuries and illnesses
- Collaborate with health care providers to help students with health care needs adjust to and succeed in the school environment
- Provide health care counseling and guidance to students and their families
- Manage your child’s medication while at school
- Verify immunizations according to state guideline requirements
- Provide health screening for vision, hearing, and scoliosis
- Facilitate health education classes and in-service workshops
- Actively promote healthy lifestyles
- Nurture the physical, social and emotional health of the school community